Friedman Benda LLC and its affiliated entities located inside and outside the EEA (“Friedman Benda”, “the Gallery,” “we”, “us” or “our”) respects your privacy and seeks to protect your personal data.
Friedman Benda’s Data Principles:
– We keep to a minimum the amount of information we hold about you.
– We use your data to respond to your inquiries and provide you with information that we believe you would like to receive about the Gallery, our artists, available artworks and our events (the lawful basis for this is “legitimate interest”).
– We also use your data to communicate with you where you have signed up and opted in to receive information from us (the lawful basis for this is “consent”).
– We only hold your data for as long as necessary.
– We apply appropriate security mechanisms to protect your personal data.
– Our legitimate business interests are balanced with your interests, rights and freedoms and your consent.
Those who are 16 Years of Age or Younger:
If you are 16 years old or younger, please ask permission from your parent or guardian before providing us with any personal information.
How We Collect Information About You:
– we collect information you give to us when you visit us at the gallery or an art fair, or purchase any art work;
– filling out guest books presented in the galleries.
What We Do with the Information We Gather. We Use Your Information to:
– provide information about our art work and services to you;
– keep you informed about art work, artists and events that we think you may find interesting;
– carry out our obligations arising from any agreements entered into between you and us;
– communicate with you;
– administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
– keep our site safe and secure;
– comply with legal and regulatory obligations; and
– for security and to check your identity.
Necessary Legal Basis for Processing Your Personal Information:
– for the performance of contracts to which you will be a party to and in order to take steps at your request prior to you entering into those contracts;
– for the purposes of legitimate interests pursued by us; or
– in order to comply with a legal obligation to which we are subject.
In relation to any processing of special categories of personal data, we will generally rely on obtaining specific consent from you at the time unless there is otherwise a legal requirement for us to process such information.
Where our processing is based on the legitimate interest grounds described above, those legitimate interests are:
– collecting personal information to provide you with a smooth and efficient client experience;
– to make sure you receive updated information on Friedman Benda’s business activities;
– to provide the services you have requested; and
– for our own marketing and research.
Sharing Your Information:
Except as expressly set out in this policy we will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
The personal information you provide to us may be shared with our affiliated gallery, Albertz Benda and third party companies in the event we provide a service to you beyond our occasional mailer. Such third parties include shipping agents, contractors, or service providers related to a specific job that you will be made aware of and agree to ahead of time.
We May Also Share Your Personal Information with:
– Law enforcement agencies, other governmental agencies or third parties if we are required by law to do so.
At Any Time, You Have the Right:
– to request access to or a copy of any personal data which we hold about you;
– to rectification of your personal data, if you consider that the information we are holding is inaccurate;
– to ask us to delete your personal data, if you consider that we do not have the right to hold it;
– to withdraw consent to our processing of your personal data (to the extent such processing is based on previously obtained consent);
– to ask us to stop or start sending you marketing messages as described below in the marketing section;
– to restrict processing of your personal data;
– to data portability (moving some of your personal data elsewhere) in certain circumstances;
– to object to your personal data being processed in certain circumstances; and
Any request from you for access to or a copy of your personal data must be in writing and we will work to respond within a reasonable period and in any event within one month in compliance with data protection legislation. We will comply with our legal obligations as regards your rights as a data subject.
We aim to ensure that the information we hold about you is accurate at all times. To assist us in ensuring that your information is up to date, do let us know if any of your personal details change at the following email address: email@example.com
Where you are one of our clients or have otherwise agreed to be contacted for marketing we may use your personal information to send you information about exhibitions, events, art fairs and works of art. You can unsubscribe from receiving them at any time, by clicking on the unsubscribe button in our newsletters or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with your request.
You also have the option of “unsubscribing” from our mailing list at any time thereby disabling any further such e-‐mail or other communication from being sent to you. We will action any opt out request from you without delay.
How Long Will We Keep Your Information?
We will only keep the information we collect about you for as long as required for the purposes set out above or as required to comply with any legal obligations to which we are subject. This will involve us periodically reviewing our files to check that information is accurate, up-‐to-‐date and still required.
Where we are permitted to send you direct marketing communications we may retain your contact information necessary for this purpose, for as long as you do not unsubscribe from receiving the same from us. If you opt out from marketing, we will retain your information to enable us to respect your wishes to not be contacted for marketing purposes.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Links to Other Websites:
Cookies are small files or parts of a file stored that may be placed on your computer to enhance your experience when visiting a website. Cookies may contain personal information such as a user identification code, customized preferences, or a record of pages visited.
Changes to the Policy:
Any changes we make to our policy in the future will be posted on this page and, where appropriate, notified to you by email. Please check back frequently to see any updates or changes to our policy.